Discretionary Housing Payment

If you already receive Housing Benefit but it doesn’t cover all your rent, you may be able to get extra money called Discretionary Housing Payment to help with your rent and council tax.

Applications are assessed based on your personal circumstances and the council has the final decision on whether you are considered in need of further assistance with housing costs.

Application forms are available from West Dunbartonshire Council or from Trafalgar Housing Association.  We can offer advice and assistance with your application.